10 Questions to ask your Gastroenterologist
- Are you a board-certified gastroenterologist (specialist in diseases of the GI tract)? Did you complete a fellowship or have special training?
- Where do you have hospital privileges?
- About how many colonoscopies have you performed? About how many do you perform each month?
- When performing a colonoscopy, can you remove polyps during the procedure?
- Can you explain the benefits and side effects of the different types of treatments?
- Does my condition increase my risk for developing any other medical problems?
- What types of lifestyle and dietary changes may be helpful to manage my condition during and after treatment?
- Should I be seeing any other health care professionals, such as a nutritionist or dietitian, in coordination with seeing you? If so, can you recommend one to me?
- Where can I read more about my condition?
- Do I need to make any follow-up appointments with you or any other specialist?
April 28, 2010
24-Hour Advanced HealthLine